Monday, March 14, 2011

Back and Behind

Well, I thought I was going to do some quality knitting in the hotel room, as well as on the beach. I did do a lot on the beach and by the pool, but spent so very little time in the room, that I only got as far as row 25 on the first repeat on the hood facing. Since coming home, I managed to make it to the end of the first repeat....

Finding time to work on this project isn't going well right now. I need to concentrate on the cable part, so I don't mess it up. For some strange reason, I'm having difficulty working from the chart, and need to go with the written directions. And, since I'm mildly dyslexic, the process is slowed down this way.

Oh, well - I shall persevere, and once I get going, there will be no stopping me!!! :)

Next hurdle - I need 28 inches for the facing, and my first repeat is 6 inches... I need to adjust something somewhere. Maybe I can remeasure, and don't need 28? Maybe I need to sneak in some "buffer rows" between repeats? I'll have to do some thinking and some doodle-sketching before I continue knitting.

No pics at this time, but I do need to take some of the projects I did on the beach (didn't get a chance to get pics while I was there), so I'll likely get at least one of the facing so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment